LIVE Recording Dates via Zoom Conference
(Can't make the live recording? No worries! Course recording will be available after the recording and you can still earn the same CPE credits!)
Tuesday, Sept 18, 12-2 EST
Thursday, Sept 20, 12-2 EST
Tuesday, Sept 25, 12-2 EST
Thursday, Sept 27, 12-2 EST
*Note: All course content, except lectures, will be released to participants on Sept 8. Lectures will not be available until after the LIVE recordings.
Expert guides Steve Della Croce and Jessianna Saville, walk you through all the things we wish we would've known and thought about before starting our practice. This includes:
1. Private practice and passive income sources for RDs (this is where we talk about opportunities beyond 1-to-1 counseling)
2. Business Basics you MUST know such as structuring your business, picking a name, where to see clients, tax status, and other helpful professionals to get on your team
3. Considerations for an Organized business: EMR review, contact information, helpful tools for fax and phone
4. Working with a referring physician's office: Different legal relationships (contractor vs just subletting space vs employee), basic elements of a contract, how to determine rent, smooth referral process
5. Marketing Considerations: Thinking about your ideal client, helping clients find you, web presence, marketing plan
6. Getting paid: Insurance vs cash pay practice, payment policies, how to become "in-network" aka credential with insurance companies, how to bill, payment considerations, how to accept payments, consolidation of payments, how to deal with denials, package pricing
7.Patient Interaction: Process of seeing patients, getting follow-up appointments, important paperwork for patients
With over 14 years of experience in the Nutrition & Wellness field, I have specialized in kidney disease & diabetes. I have both Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Nutrition Science from Brooklyn College and completed my Dietetic Internship at LIU. I I've always enjoyed being engaged with the RD community and renal community. Past leadership positions include President of the Long Island Dietetic Association, Chair of the Greater NY Council on Renal Nutrition, and currently Vice-president of For Kidney Sake, inc. My passion is to help dietitians extend their reach to the community and there is no area that needs more help than the CKD population. I've taken my lumps in the private practice and insurance world and am excited to share what I've learned to save you time and many headaches as you start your practice or streamline your already growing business.