LIVE Recording Dates via Zoom Conference
(Can't make the live recording? No worries! Course recording will be available after the recording and you can still earn the same CPE credits!)
Tuesday, Oct 16, 1-3 EST
Thursday, Oct 18, 1-3 EST
Tuesday, Oct 23, 1-3 EST
*Note: All course content, except lectures, will be published Oct 8. Lectures will not be available until the live recording
This course is a deep dive into MNT for chronic kidney disease including:
1. Understanding the physiological impacts and prognosis of each stage of kidney disease.
2. Review of current KDOQI and KDIGO recommendations for CKD
3. In depth review of hot topics in CKD MNT such as sodium, protein intake, plant-based diets, etc...
4. Nutritional priorities and approach for stage 3 CKD
5. Nutritional priorities and approach for stage 4 CKD
6. Lab interpretation and medications to be familiar with
Hi! My name is Jessianna. I am a lover of all things renal nutrition - research, recipes, counseling, etc...! I believe renal dietitians are meant to be powerful influencers in the world of kidney health. Nutrition is absolutely paramount to slow the epidemic of kidney disease and help people live happier lives and stay off of dialysis and renal dietitians are the best resources to make nutrition therapy a reality for thousands of people. I've had plenty of "Oops and Ah-ha!" moments while starting my own practice and learning the most effective way to apply nutrition for people with early stage CKD. I want to share these lessons so renal dietitians can feel empowered by the many possibilities at their talented fingertips to make a difference with CKD.